Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Mother's Birthday Letter

My sweet, baby boy...

At this time, 1 year ago, I was beginning to have what I would later find out were labor pains. In about 3 hours was when your daddy rushed me to the hospital, and a little over 6 hours after that, you entered our world and stole our hearts. You were a month early, and I guess you were just in such a hurry to see the world. I will forever remember the first time I looked into your eyes. When the other memories start to become hazy, that one still stands out vividly.
And tomorrow, you would've been a year old...I wonder if you would've been walking or talking yet. I wonder what would've made you smile...what would've made you cry. I wonder what you'd look like...if you would still have your daddy's eyes & forehead...or my lips. Regardless of what you look like, I know you'd still be beautiful. That's how you came into this world, and that's how you left it.
Even though you're no longer physically here with us, I hope your birthday tomorrow is wonderful. I wish you could still be here with us to celebrate, and I will probably forever wonder why you couldn't be. We love you, sweet Wilco, and we will always, ALWAYS miss you.

Happy Birthday, sweet boy!!

Love Always,
Mommy (and Daddy)

No comments:

Post a Comment